Our vision is a nation where families and communities are actively engaged in strengthening public schools for every child.
We advance this vision through our mission-focused work; Parents for Public Schools advances the role of families and communities in securing a high quality public education for every child.
In cities – both large and small, urban and rural – Parents for Public Schools chapters have organized to address specific issues.
- PPS of Pitt County held community conversations offering participants the opportunity to discuss public education issues. Participants’ views are compiled and presented annually to Pitt County Schools administration, for use in the District’s policy decisions
- PPS of Syracuse advocated for change in transportation services resulting in additional students provided safe transportation to school
- PPS of Hawaii offered middle school tours to create a friendly bridge between elementary and middle schools
- PPS of Starkville helped to assure details of a state-ordered school consolidation plan came from those who best knew their community
- PPS of San Francisco tackled difficult issues like selective enrollment, media bias and recruitment of new families into the system
What is the common thread? Dedicated, informed parents who want the best public education for their own – and all – children.